How can I help the Canyon High School Band? The short answer, VOLUNTEER!
We are in need of volunteers for the tasks listed below. The Band Boosters and more importantly, our kids, GREATLY APPRECIATE any volunteer effort on behalf of the Canyon High School Band Program!!
If you would like to volunteer, please contact Adriane Morris.
Immediate Volunteer Tasks:
- Fourth of July Dunking Booth
- We need parents willing to work a 2 hour shift at the dunking booth. We need 6 people at each of the following time slots: 9-11am, 11am to 1pm, 1–3pm.
They will be assisting with re-setting the dunking booth each time, handing balls to the “throwers”, taking money, selling band/other items. You might want to bring a chair!
- Food Preparation
- Teenagers run on food, marching teenagers run on a LOT OF FOOD! Preparing meals for the band requires a lot of help. From slicing tomatoes to flipping burgers to pouring drinks, -> WE NEED YOU!! <-
- Event Set-up / Tear down
- During concerts and special events, we need strong volunteers to move tables, chairs, bleacher sections, ladders, etc.
- Craft Production
- Volunteers are needed to help with craft projects such as locker tags, booster buttons, and craft sales at each football game.
- Event Security
- Security volunteers to help with fundraising event/concert security. While TCOLE certification is preferred, we will accept any volunteer that can look intimidating!
- Pit Crew
- Do you love to haul ladders or do you like to push musical instruments around? Then we have a job for you! The Pit Crew's motto is "You call, We haul" and this is a very important job from the end of August to the middle of November. Several truck loads of equipment has to be moved into position for the students in less than 4 minutes during competition, so a large number of volunteers are needed each marching season. Interested?...Contact Adriane Brown.
- Snack Bag Preparation
- During each competition trip, a snack bag is given to each band member during the trip. To produce 160+ snack bags takes a lot of volunteers. Sign-up today!
- Bus/Trip Sponsor
- Ride the bus with our kids by being a bus or trip sponsor. The Canyon ISD requires that you successfully complete a criminal background check for this important job, so see Adriane Brown for a CISD application after August 1, 2015.
Nominations for the 2016-2017 Band Boosters Officers will be accepted from March 1, 2016 to April 1, 2016.
The pay ain't that great, but the job has the best benefits package in the world! You get to work with the best musicians around and their incredible directors. If you or someone you know would make a great officer, please send their name the Nominating Committee Chairman, at: email@example.com