The operation of a successful instrumental music program requires funding and donations from the community. The Band Boosters and more importantly, our kids, GREATLY APPRECIATE any donation to the Canyon High School Band Program!!
The Canyon High School Band is in need of the items listed below. If you would like to make a donation, please contact Adriane Brown.
- BAND Orientation and Picnic
- Tuesday, August 4. Orientation starts at 6:30 with picnic following. Need donations of:
- Grated cheese,
- Pickle Relish,
- Diced/chopped onions,
(We are hoping for business donations of wieners and hot dog buns, along with chips)
- FRUIT Donations for Summer Band
- Fruit donations during summer band to keep students hydrated and going – high water content (like watermelon, strawberries, cantalope, grapes, oranges, pineapple, blueberries, etc – pre-cut or divided into pieces a student can just grab and go) or high potassium content like bananas, kiwi, nectarines, peaches (to avoid cramps).
Dates for this are Monday – Friday, August 3 & 4 (smaller group: Leadership Team and Freshmen); August 5 – 21 (Full band – approx.. 150).
Aug 17 – 21st is Teacher Inservice so times for rehearsal are TBA. Fruit may or may not be needed but we’ll update as we get closer.
- SNACKS for Out-Of-Town Bus Trips
Event Coordinator: Lee Ann Lefevre
- SNACKS such as Slim Jims, Granola Bars, Individual Packages of Cookies, Individual Packages of Chips, etc. NO CHEWING GUM!
- FOOD to Feed the Bands at Various Times
Event Coordinator: Adriane Morris
- Approx 200 Hamburger Patties
- Approx 200 Hamburger Buns
- Three 24oz jars of Hamburger Sliced Pickles
- Twelve Large Onions Sliced
- Assorted Chips
- Assorted Cookies
- Six Large Foil Pans
- Food Service Gloves
Long Term Needs:
- SNACKS for Band Trips
- To keep the teenage band members going during the long trips and marching competitions, we need snacks! (Cookies, crackers, granola bars, etc.) No gum please.
- Coca-Cola Drink Products
- To feed the band, we are in need of Coca-Cola Drink Products. (Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Barq's Root Beer, Dasani Bottled Water, Fanta, Mr. Pibb, Minute Maid Juices, Nestea, Odwalla Drinks, Powerade, Gold Peak Teas, etc.) For a complete list of Coca-Cola Products, CLICK HERE.
- Please contact Mike Sheffield about several cabinet construction needs for our kid's band hall.